Western Hospital (WH) is the Pioneer and market leader in Kidney transplantation and dialysis, conducting more than 1,200 kidney transplants and more than 150,000 dialysis cases for over 30 years. The WH is a mogul designed building inspired by Professor Rezvi Sheriff known as “The Father of Nephrology in Sri Lanka” and has a proud history of excellence and clinical leadership in medicine. The unit is well staffed with nurses dedicated to dialysis providing personalized care to patients while also having state of the art machines and a network of dialysis centers all across the Paradise Island.
At the Western Hospital the specialized staff makes sure you enjoy first class renal treatment and an unforgettable holiday experience by providing facilities and personalized services of the highest standards:
• 8 dialysis beds and chairs with a common air conditioning, cable TV and high-speed internet
• 1 private room for extra privacy and comfort
• State-of-the-art technology
• A treatment room for minor surgical procedures
• 24/7 Care by a seasoned team of professionals
• On call emergency and mobile services on demand
• Optional foot, leg and other massage options on request
• Individualized one-on-one nursing care
Cost per treatment
In hemodialysis (HD), blood is pumped out of your body to an artificial kidney machine and returned to your body by tubes that connect you to the machine.